Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Thought I had the fully amped Bose system in my 2000 TT (Bose grills on front speakers if this makes a dif) and bought the PC9-410.

However having tried fitting it one of the blocks doesn't fit into the new adaptor.... I'm a tad confused.... [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,647 Posts
Adam you have the correct part number for the harness you need the problem you are up against is there are 100000s of them on ebay abd they are all crap.

I went throught 2 ebay ones and ended up going to Halfords and getting on from them.

You have a red connector on your OEM stereo connection that comes out the hole, common sense would tell you that connects to the red connector on the PC 9 410 well thats wrong red goes into black stupid but thats the way it is.

What stereo are you installing on the Alpine you only need one part of the harness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm quite concerned I have the wrong one as there are 3 blocks coming out of my car. 1 big black, 1 small black and 1 big red one. Prob is there are 2 small black slots connected together and 1 big red slot on the adaptor. So basically I can't connect all the slots up.... I'm confused.... :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,647 Posts
Ok have a look at the pictures I did this a while ago when I was trying to help someone else.

Looks like I've arrowed the two blocks you use the other is redundant.







This final one comes with the Alpine HU and is used.



What HU are you fitting ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for that!

I just had another try making the red one redundant but no power at all.... I must be doing something wrong - I usually am when it comes to these things lol!

I'm putting a Kenwood one in till I can find a nice Red LED OEM looking one.... Most likely an Alpine....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,647 Posts
Take some pictures of the connectors etc for me.

Also the PC 9-410 is famous for the live and switched live being in the wrong place have a look if the wires match up, one connector will be for your speakers etc so that should be right the other will have 2 power cables prob either red , yellow or orange.

Also check you haven't blown the inline fuse in the HU harness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,647 Posts
AdamG said:
I've attached them all and now have power. I'm trying to upload a photo but it's being a pain! Grrrr! [smiley=bomb.gif]
Sound ?

Then after that set a station on the HU then turn off and remove ign key put key back in and turn HU back on.
Is the station you set still available, if it is then your half way there because your live and switched live are correct if not swap the two around looking at the pic prob yellow and red .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,647 Posts
AdamG said:
No sound.... :(

Worried it's heading the same way as JS53AMES - problems lol....
I haven't checked that thread out because the last two times I've helped people out by numerous PMs they didn't even say thanks so I vowed I would help again but since you didn't get an answer I thought I would try.

You prob are not getting power to the bose amp have a look about it will prob be a blue or blue/white wire coming off one of the connectors it needs to be connected to one of the live cables (red/yellow/orange) there will prob be one which splits into two bullet connectors.

PS think I can see a red spare one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Jamman - There is a spare one that splits off from one of the red ones but it's capped off. So not sure what much use it is! Seams redundant!

Anyway I appreciate the help you've given!! [smiley=cheers.gif]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31,647 Posts
AdamG said:
Thanks Jamman - There is a spare one that splits off from one of the red ones but it's capped off. So not sure what much use it is! Seams redundant!

Anyway I appreciate the help you've given!! [smiley=cheers.gif]
See I might have given you a rough time over the prang but I'm not all bad.

Jobs for tomorrow are to check you have the 2 lives the right way round and get some power to the amp the lead will be there hanging around out the connector asking to be used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jamman said:
AdamG said:
Thanks Jamman - There is a spare one that splits off from one of the red ones but it's capped off. So not sure what much use it is! Seams redundant!

Anyway I appreciate the help you've given!! [smiley=cheers.gif]
See I might have given you a rough time over the prang but I'm not all bad.

Jobs for tomorrow are to check you have the 2 lives the right way round and get some power to the amp the lead will be there hanging around out the connector asking to be used.
Haha - I know you're not and I appreciate the help. Everyone disagrees sometimes lol. ;)

I just had a fiddle and tried what you suggested and the sound works and everything now!! :p Unfortunately there's a horendous thud every time everything you change output or power on/off. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AdamG said:
jamman said:
AdamG said:
Thanks Jamman - There is a spare one that splits off from one of the red ones but it's capped off. So not sure what much use it is! Seams redundant!

Anyway I appreciate the help you've given!! [smiley=cheers.gif]
See I might have given you a rough time over the prang but I'm not all bad.

Jobs for tomorrow are to check you have the 2 lives the right way round and get some power to the amp the lead will be there hanging around out the connector asking to be used.
Haha - I know you're not and I appreciate the help. Everyone disagrees sometimes lol. ;)

I just had a fiddle and tried what you suggested and the sound works and everything now!! :p Unfortunately there's a horendous thud every time everything you change output or power on/off. :(
To answer my own problem - I need some ground loop isolators!!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top