Audi TT Forum banner

RS3 or RS4

  • RS3 wheel

    Votes: 13 39.4%
  • RS4 wheel

    Votes: 20 60.6%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is my car with 225/50R17 standard wheels.


I want to put 18's on but undecided between RS4 or RS3/TTRS wheels, although I'm leaning towards the RS3/TTRS wheels.



Thinking gunmetal in either would compliment the sahara silver better than std silver wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TJenkos said:
What's the current spec of the car, colour etc?

I do prefer the RS3's, but think the RS4's will go better with a stock TT.
Bog standard at the moment, but won't be for too long

Colour as mentioned is Sahara Silver.

While I do like the RS4's as well, they are getting quite common IMO.
 

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
Joined
·
95,372 Posts
Hi Viceroy, RS3/TTRS for me,the wheels you have now really spoil the look.
Hoggy. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
Mike007 said:
RS4 wheel for me mate. I love the look of this wheel. IMO it looks aggressive and really suits the TT :p
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
rs4 wheels for me but i am bias :D heres what they look on my sahara silver tt if you are curious. very sharp looking wheels on the mk2, silver also works well as sahara silver

pre tt-s body conversion



post

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,872 Posts
I'm still a fan of the turbines. But then again, those were the wheels the TT was fitted with when it was introduced and therefore they may cause the car to look a bit old-ish.

TTRS would be my choice in this case. Reason: the RS4 wheels are far to common IMHO and harder to clean, I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
TT-driver said:
I'm still a fan of the turbines. But then again, those were the wheels the TT was fitted with when it was introduced and therefore they may cause the car to look a bit old-ish.

TTRS would be my choice in this case. Reason: the RS4 wheels are far to common IMHO and harder to clean, I think.
umm yep, probably one of the hardest wheels ive cleaned. takes me a good 30 mins just on the wheels, worth it though the wheels are well suited for the car :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,510 Posts
audi_rs said:
TT-driver said:
I'm still a fan of the turbines. But then again, those were the wheels the TT was fitted with when it was introduced and therefore they may cause the car to look a bit old-ish.

TTRS would be my choice in this case. Reason: the RS4 wheels are far to common IMHO and harder to clean, I think.
umm yep, probably one of the hardest wheels ive cleaned. takes me a good 30 mins just on the wheels, worth it though the wheels are well suited for the car :D
Hard to clean...... you know nothing. Come an have a go cleaning mine :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
The RS3s look really good but will they start to look common since ever all 'Black Edition' Audi's are sporting them these days?
I've always liked the RS4s but would go for the RS3s, despite the above statement! - Though I think both would look great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,107 Posts
Are you putting on OEM wheels? My quest searching for 19" RS4s with the right offset for the TT has spanned the past 8 or 9 months - I have even considered importing them from the UK which some forum members were prepared to help with.

Buying the RS4s direct from Audi with staff discount you are looking at R8k ex vat EACH which is stoooopid!

Finding a 19" replica of these wheels is even harder unless you are happy with 18" then you can get those from Auto Style.

Rotors (RS3/ TTRS) wheels aren't too bad in terms of OEM pricing from Audi at R4.5k a pop ex VAT. Love this wheel but fear that because it is more available than the 19" RS4 every A3 owner is going to want them because they come from the RS3.


19" Cast aluminium wheel in 5-arm design, Black
part number: 8J0 071 499 A AX1
price: R 4,400.23
http://www.audi.co.za/za/brand/en/servi ... ainer=page

Have a look through the Show your Mk2 thread (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=126114) and you will see all kinds of wheel combinations as well as colour combinations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As much as I would like 19's on the car, I will rather stick with 18's.
I had 19's on my A4 and they were a pain in terms of ride quality, and with all the potholes in JHB, not really feasable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
audi_rs said:
rs4 wheels for me but i am bias :D heres what they look on my sahara silver tt if you are curious. very sharp looking wheels on the mk2, silver also works well as sahara silver

pre tt-s body conversion



post

What size are those?
See you also rocking an alu mirror cover...looks much nicer than I thought it might on the Sahara
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top