Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i would be most grateful for your help. I have a mk2 08 plate that is making a whistling noise at 750rpm that goes when I raise the rpm to 1000 and returns as the rpm drops back to 750 rpm. I have lifted the bonnet and it seems to be coming from the left hand side if that helps! Many thanks dan

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Do you have an after market cold air intake? They often produce a whistling sound on tick over due to the increased air flow in the CAI and would be nothing to worry about. It would be normal for the whistling to disappear with increased revs too. Check out your intake anyway, but other than that perhaps just check the tightness of your belts which might be slipping.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
It's not a diesel is it? If so, it's completely normal for the the boost to build up at idle and then the waste gate opens and it whistles. If you tap the throttle it will stop whistling. Then the boost builds again and it starts to whistle. It could be the same on petrols, but the diesels definitely do this as a normal thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts