Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since buying our TT, it's been pretty faultless - and I've had no need to go crawling around underneath. And before buying it, I didn't know much about them...

Imagine my surprise today, when removing the back wheels, to discover the garage sold us a FWD car.... previous owner put the Quattro sticker on, and the garage had a huge 4X4 sticker in the window.

Turns out it's a 180 FWD... and we paid £6.5k for it (54k, in Dec '11)

Quietly fuming here...

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
did you not do a hpi and registration check before buying the car? surely that would have told you that it was fwd not a 4wd. Sorry to hear the news though, you must be raging :eek:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JS53MES said:
did you not do a hpi and registration check before buying the car? surely that would have told you that it was fwd not a 4wd. Sorry to hear the news though, you must be raging :eek:
Trying to dig out the paperwork we got from the garage - who are a well known reputable business around here.

I was fairly new to the whole car buying business, and needed one pronto (wrote the last car off in a low speed accident). My wife saw the TT, we test drove it, and bought it shortly after....

In hindsight, I wasn't thorough enough.... oh well, you live and learn!

[smiley=argue.gif]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
if you were sold it as a quattro then you were miss sold the car. you every right to a full refund and are totally in the right. they won't have a leg to stand on.. however if you love it then just keep it :) but as said above, a full HPI Check is always a must before buying a car IMO!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I can find any evidence of it being advertised/sold as a Quattro/4x4, then I'll pay them a visit.

Without evidence, it's their word against mine (especially considering it was purchased in Dec '11)

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Holy smoke??? have you the original forecourt picture with the sticker claiming it was 4x4? Because his book price must have been in accordance with a quattro TT which is quite a bit more. You must find the evidence. This vehicle was sold to you under false pretenses. :( Surely the fact it was a front wheel drive 180 was written on the reg documents? :(

Damien.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Didn't it get flagged up when you got insurance for it? Usually you give them the reg number and they confirm what type of car it is?

As well as an HPI check the first thing I do when looking for a 2nd hand car is put the registration number into the Hpi website and it tells you what car it is and the colour for Free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts