Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to change the electromechanical steering assistance but I failed. It seems that this feature is disabled.
I have done numerous logs in order to see my pressure, temperature, advance etc. after the chip.
Also, I have done a few 0-100 runs.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
If you consider tools exciting you'll love it.
If you buy it as a toy it won't do too much exciting at all, so will be a waste of money in a few weeks.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
For people like me who have several modern-ish VAG cars it's invaluable for quick diagnostics and above all else key programming. If you have the key code that comes with the vehicle from new, you can buy cheap keys from ebay and programme them yourself. A key for an older VW is £15 from ebay but £150 from a dealer and contrary to what you might think, most key places can cut the blades so the ignition turns as well.

I've also enabled the DRLs on all my cars (Scandanavian Mode) and small stuff like that. You can true your speedo as well, if that sort of thing interests you. On older cars auto locking, mirror folding and window closure are only available through VCDS rather than the DIS-type displays more modern cars have.

It's good, but is it worth £250? That's the choice you have to make.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Side lights are not important. I have Xenon+ with two switches: Main swich (off-parking-on) and DRL (on/off). When car is running, options are:
- Main off / DRL off: No lights at all
- Main off / DRL on: Front DRL on, rear off
- Main Parking: Side lights on front+rear
- Main on: Front Xenon+sidelights on, rear on

I would change option "Main off / DRL on" to DRL front on, rear on.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Front and rear lights on (plus dash lights) is Scandanavian Mode. From memory it's 9 for central electronics then 07 Long Coding and then 00002 is Scandanavian Daytime Running Lights on.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Do remember that lower codes overwrite higher ones so if you had 00001 (US), 00002 (Scandanavian) and 00003 (Off) then it would run in US mode (dimmed dip beam only)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm. Thanks. Gotta ask from Audi service guys if they can do the change with these hints. They're replacing my concert radio for warranty tomorrow (cd error), so let's see what they say. First time I asked this modification, they said it's not possible. Seriously, I don't know why "dunno" is the most common answer. They are still wearing Audi logos so I would expect some expertise.

BTW I can't name any other tweaks I would do. All I want is standard or accessible thru board computer. No complaints though :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi there - I used mine on my TTS to config the Headlights for Tourist solution when driving in Europe. Saved me getting it done and then set back to standard at my dealer. Thats kind of useful.

I have also checked for error logs when my alarm was failing - RossTech in US who supply the sware + cable were helpful
Once the alarm was fixed I then double checked by running a test to see there was no longer an error code.
:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I cranked up my LED's to 100% from the factory default of 10% :twisted: and got rid of that awful headlight winking that happens on US version TTS's when you use the directionals. Also got the Voice Commands (rsn-e) to work on a roadster.

·
Registered
39 Posts
DRL issue update. Service guy changed the DRL to Scandinavian mode. Now rear lights are on with DRL. Audi really has quite a nice portable display unit. It has simple interface with good descriptions to all functions - DLRs, headline washer timings etc.

Emergency breaking signals can be by the way switched off. Could be annoying to have it on if car is taken on track.

·
Registered
876 Posts
09TTSQR said:
I cranked up my LED's to 100% from the factory default of 10% :twisted: and got rid of that awful headlight winking that happens on US version TTS's when you use the directionals. Also got the Voice Commands (rsn-e) to work on a roadster.
hmmm really... didnt know there was a way to make them even more bright..... mine are very bright (when acting as DRL) when acting as additional lighting when the main beams are on they quite dim (yes I know its by design).

Where did you crank the brightness up?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
09TTSQR said:
is this hard to do??

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
It is on the RS - VAGCOM can not read the controllers 09-Cent. Elect and 17-Instruments properly.

·
Registered
379 Posts
This was passed along to me from Tony, ReginaTT.
LED DRL brightness in combination with the headlights with VAG-COM

You want to go to 09-Cent. Elect., open up the long code helper and click on Byte 11. It should read as follows:

Front Parking Light Dimming
Decimal Value (Resolution: 1%.)

On your car it likely shows a value of "Dec: 10 x 1 = 10" indicating a brightness of 10%, If you click on the "10" beside "Dec:" you can actually enter any value you like. You'll notice in the attached picture that mine is set to 100 for 100% brightness. I tried several different numbers. Anything over 100 doesn't register or make any change.

I hope this is helpful to you, I know Tony has been very good to me.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
HEXUP said:
Anyone know how to get the boot to open with a single push of remote button instead of having to hold it down? ....... :-|
anyone?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Anyone know how to get the boot to open with a single push of remote button instead of having to hold it down? ....... :-|
I wouldn't think this was possible as is too risky, could be triggered accidentally???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.