Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm proud of my TT and want everyone who doesn't know to know it's a Audi TT :p
So why take them off? :?
Just a thought!!!!! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
24,444 Posts
My reasoning was...

* Practically everyone knows what an Audi TT is so it doesn't need badges to sell itself
* The rear end looks so much wider without the badging

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
T3RBO said:
My reasoning was...

* Practically everyone knows what an Audi TT is so it doesn't need badges to sell itself
* The rear end looks so much wider without the badging
Exactly :)

I was down at Wak's a few weeks ago and Naush (naushali) was there with his car, I was showing him what I meant and we had the back end of both of our cars pointing towards us - we both agreed that the debadging made my car look lower and squatter - it's all about aesthetics :)

If someone doesn't know what a MK1 TT looks like by now they must be a bit slow, ok so a MK2 could easily be mistaken for an A4/A5 from a distance bu the MK1 is incomparable to anything else :)

Get it done and then you will see what we mean :)

Charlie

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Removing the badges is a pure performance mod - it saves, oh, easily half a gram. Less weight, better aerodynamics (less drag from the protruding metal)... got to be a good thing... :roll:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had someone ask me what was yesterday!!!!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
zakkiaz said:
Were they:

a) a window licker
b) less than 10
c) older than 70
d) dumb as a rock :)

I suppose as a car fanatic all my life I find it very hard to comprehend those that aren't - what is wrong with these people :lol:

Charlie

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i have decided a job for tomorrow is for the TT and the quattro to come off, i wanna keep the rings though :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Charlie said:
zakkiaz said:
Were they:

a) a window licker
b) less than 10
c) older than 70

I suppose as a car fanatic all my life I find it very hard to comprehend those that aren't - what is wrong with these people :lol:

Charlie
Women!!!!! not up on car's!! :roll: :lol:

Wendy

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
zakkiaz said:
Charlie said:
zakkiaz said:
Were they:

a) a window licker
b) less than 10
c) older than 70

Charlie
Women!!!!! not up on car's!! :roll: :lol:

Wendy
I shall refrain from classifying them as any one of the above options in that case :)

Charlie

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm still not sure if I like it with or without!!!! :? :roll:

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
zakkiaz said:
My friends still do! Ignorant fluffetts :lol: All the more reason to keep it badged and with the rings to remind them saves my breath and spit telling them :p

Shame though there is not a nice solitaire diamond in each ring though! :lol: :p

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
anyone had any problems with removing the ghost mark of the badges, or is polish and elbow grease enough???

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i will make her lick the mark's off with her poison breathe, after all she dont brush her teeth!! :p

1 - 20 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.