Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why oh why did the mother in law ever waste her cash? She paid 65k for a jag XKR 4.2 supercharged when they first got released a couple of years ago. It sits in the garage as an ornament. She went to start it last week, but no joy - Flat battery. She had to call out jag, who turned up at the house today to solve the problem.
When was it last started he asked
Uh, November i think she replied
Bloody november! Jesus, i'd be out in it all the time if i had one.
Oh yeah, to make matters worse, its got the grand total of............
1726 miles ffs [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif] [smiley=bigcry.gif]
Rant over

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I reckon each mile has cost her about £14 in depreciation.

·
Registered
84,380 Posts
You have a TT mate much better than Jag

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
I'll take it off her hands, even throw in a nice roadster to sweeten the pot

BTW, what colour is it :roll:

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Keep her sweet, she'll croak and you'll be sitting on a nice piece of low mileage British sports car history.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
My CB1300 is a 2003 plate and have 5,400 miles on her and I owned from new :roll:
On her 4th rear tyre tho :lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
For what is worth my mother bought one of the last Rover Mini Cooper Sports brand new in 2000. Red with white roof on the basis she also bought one of the very first (1964) 1071cc Morris Cooper S, red with black roof.

The car has covered 1200 miles in 10 years genuinely may have been rain when delivered to the dealer, certainly not in her ownership! She was pissed off that the original battery had died when she tried to start it 6 weeks ago. She also had to replace the batteries in the key fobs. Bless ! The only consolation is its worth more than she paid for it.

How much for a mint 64 standard 1071 Cooper S today?

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
If she doesn't want it I'll be over to collect it. I love the XKR. I think you should be extra nice to her and start "caring" about what she says.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.