Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently (last three days), if I turn the ignition on there is this burb burb burb sound. It sounds like a very soft exhusrt burb sound.. (best way to explain it). It last for a second and ONLY when I turn the ignition on. If I just turn the power one i.e. key in and turned to half way the radio comes on etc but no noise. As soon as I turn the ignition on this burb burb burb sound happens.

And no my car doesn't have gas ;)

It seems like its coming from the middle three air con ducts but I can't say for sure.

Anyone heard this or might know what it is before I sound like an idiot at the dealer? :oops:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Hmm, hard to know if this is it but if I have the ignition on and turn the heater off, there are three little clicks/burbs which sounds like the vents closing or something.

But the noise is very quiet and hard to hear.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dunno :? I am not technical at all and wouldn't even know what the fuel pump looks like :)

Maybe its always been there I don't know, you can only hear it if the radio is either muted or off otherwise you can't hear it at all.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I suspect it is the air con and ventilation - mine did some very funny noises the other day, and it was the air con adjusting vents on Auto mode - I only heard it as the music was off for once. :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
LoTTie said:
I suspect it is the air con and ventilation - mine did some very funny noises the other day, and it was the air con adjusting vents on Auto mode - I only heard it as the music was off for once. :roll: :wink:
Agree. Just been out to the garage to try mine and the only noises when you go to ignition on are whirring and clicking noises from the climate control system as it adjusts the flaps etc.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
LoTTie said:
This get's my vote too. Mine makes some very funny noises from time to time.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's the vents for the HVAC (aircon). For the record, the fuel pump makes clicky noises. :)

C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.