Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject says... was driving down the A11 on Friday at normal speeds and heard and loud bang
turned around and half my wind deflector glass was gone! got showered in glass everywhere

Anyone heard of this happening before?
are they easy to replace? can hear broken glass inside where the glass rolls down
I'm sure my insurance company would cover it would come under "window screen and glass" cover so maybe for the £70 would be the easiest best way

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
TT_Paul said:
Can't see how something could of struck it from behind.. Surely anything from the front would clear the deflector from the windows screen
dunno paul, but it is toughened glass and can take hurrican force winds......well you driving into a head wind at over 100mph anyway (close enough or over hurrican forces) so logics dictate something must have hit from either behind or from up on high at front. mutant Bumble Bee maybe lol

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
TT_Paul said:
Yeah seems very strange!

Would you consider claiming on glass cover? They're £60 2nd hand plus fitting which looks a nightmare
Excess is £70 which I'm sure it's
ho hum
if that is actually covered in the glass cover? but Hoggy the hogmeister will be along soon to give details on how to fit i am sure.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I would guess at a passing car flicking up a stone? but what's done is done. Know Charlie on here has had his apart a while ago, so might be worth a PM to him :) Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
I have defo seen at least one other may be 2 about the smae subject so you are not the only one but still not very common

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh dear...
Good ol' Audi wants £306 for the glass plus £235 fitting!

Called my insurance company and after 5 minutes of explaining what it actually is they said it's something they don't cover even though it's ermm... Glass!

So looks like I'll have to buy a 2nd hand glass and get someone to fit it
shouldn't be called glass cover if it doesn't cover all glass screens!

·
Registered
719 Posts
DAMN!! i'm gonna be paranoid about mine now!! maybe get some of that secure glass film on it, at least that way if it does break it'll hopefully stay together!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts