Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody noticed more that the TT seems to pick up more chips on the windscreen than other models...

i have had the old TT MK! and new A3 and drove the same routes if not more than this car but i have 7...thats right 7 chips that have begun to twinkle in the sun of late........

Any one else getting more than their fair share of stone chips...

·
Registered
896 Posts
Jace said:
Anybody noticed more that the TT seems to pick up more chips on the windscreen than other models...

i have had the old TT MK! and new A3 and drove the same routes if not more than this car but i have 7...thats right 7 chips that have begun to twinkle in the sun of late........

Any one else getting more than their fair share of stone chips...
Working in an Audi centre, I have sadly proven that A6s get windscreen chips more than any other model :oops: I've done about three screens now. The last was when the car was used for the first time and I couldn't help but have a wry smile and say a couple of choice words :x

·
Registered
61 Posts
got a big one just in front of the driver at bottom!!!! A chip that is!! :eek:

should get through an MOT that is if it hasn't spread in th enext 2 yrs.

:? TTruckie

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi

It is essential you get them repaired immediately. I got one in the first week, Sat am. Soon as I got home I rang a local windscreen Co and the guy came round at 2pm Sat afternoon and said that if he catches them right away, before any water has got in the chip the repair should be perfect

He was right

·
Registered
582 Posts
Chips are bad but at least they can be repaired.

If you get whats called a "mylar" (spelling?) there is nothing that can be done. It looks like a chip but its more like a deep scratch.

I have two right in my view, they look like dead bugs. Autowindscreens said he would be happy to replace the screen...........i said no thanks :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
yes i know what you mean my car was 1 week old when a brick fell off a lorry on the m8 and scuffed my windscreen, not a chip at all. auto windscreen say i need a new one. it is only 3 weeks old tomorrow. going to stick with it just now not too bad when cleaned and polished up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Janitor - about this free bit??? any details

Am I missing something or is this on insurance?

TTruckie :)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Don't quote me on this as I've no personal experience or looked into it, but Autoglass ads I've heard say that repair is free through your insurance company

I guess the theory is that whilst insurance companies promote glass cover as a selling point, they'd much rather be picking up the tab for a repair rather than the cost of a replacement (less your excess of course)

Not sure if there is an excess charge on a repair as such, but a look down that road may be worthwhile [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
I've often seen windscreen repair people set up in out of town shopping centre car parks where, according to the posters, they offer free repairs. Most often seen in the car park where there's a branch of Halfords.

So another route to free repair that may be worth a look.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
No such thing as a free lunch

:? :?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.