Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Ive got a week off and yesterday i decided to take the glass out of my mirrors, ever since ive had them sprayed i have seen a red reflection of a wire and its been driving me nuts.

ive done this before but only on my old clio and that was pretty much stuck on by blu tac so it was easy but i wasnt looking forward to it on the TT. so i did search for a few tutorials or at least some pictures of the catchment behind it and came across a few forum posts but no pictures and one of them said just pull it and it WILL come out, this is 100% not the case :oops:

Heres a couple of pictures i took on the way..

as you can see the red cable at the bottom... yeh thats the kiddie. note the 4 little holes.

no broken clips :p this are the clips that meet the 4 little holes.

now this little black tab is your key, from the view of the picture... if you push that tab to the left (its tough) all the clips move round with it and the glass just falls out 8) 8) 8) maybe wrap a plastic bread knife in a microfibre cloth and use the back end of it to avoid scratches.

Hope the pics helps someone! i could have done with them before i broke the other mirrors clips :oops:

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Charlesuk said:
one of them said just pull it and it WILL come out, this is 100% not the case :oops:
You could just pull it and it WILL come out :grin:
The clips bend enough so they let go before anything snaps. I removed mine by just pulling since rotating the clips wasn't working. When they get really old, the plastic starts to go hard and therefore the 'correct' method of removal no longer works ;-)

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha garth this made me laugh, my passenger mirror just crumbled in my hand. a small tug and i heard bits of plastic hit the floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts