Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Does anyone have any photos on how they mounted their WMI set up with the washer fluid bottle?
I would rather go for more of a stealth with the WMI plus I need the boot room…

Let me know if you have any suggestions on what I should do :)

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
I fitted the wmi pump in front of the battery ( under the slam panel ) and next to it was the solenoid cable tied to the under side of the slam panel, so the feed for the pump came from the screen wash container to the pump via a inline filter to the pump > solenoid > nozzle, i don't have any photos but it's easy to figure out what you need to do.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fitted the wmi pump in front of the battery ( under the slam panel ) and next to it was the solenoid cable tied to the under side of the slam panel, so the feed for the pump came from the screen wash container to the pump via a inline filter to the pump > solenoid > nozzle, i don't have any photos but it's easy to figure out what you need to do.
How did you get the feed from the wash fluid container to the pump?

Tbh I’m liking the idea of putting the meth in the wash fluid more, it just steams to make it tidy.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have done just that, after cleaning out the tank.. I have a 6mm.od pipe , drilled through the spout user the cap.
I don't bother with methanol, just 5% isopropyl in distilled or filtered water. Works well as a screen wash still..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done just that, after cleaning out the tank.. I have a 6mm.od pipe , drilled through the spout user the cap.
I don't bother with methanol, just 5% isopropyl in distilled or filtered water. Works well as a screen wash still..
So you have a pipe going into the tank via the cap on the top?

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
I fed the pipe into a hole in the top of the tank from above pollen filter. I don't have a switch to stop the pump if the level is low, but I do have a switch on the dash, which also illuminates the boost gauge. And strapped the pump to next to where the battery was.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fed the pipe into a hole in the top of the tank from above pollen filter. I don't have a switch to stop the pump if the level is low, but I do have a switch on the dash, which also illuminates the boost gauge. And strapped the pump to next to where the battery was.
There’s a hole from the pollen filter to the washer tank?!

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
You can thread it through the bodywork to above the washer tank and make a hole in the top of the tank.

I removed the wheel arch and water tank, but that was mainly because I was going to join the AEM controller to the level sensor.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
I made a new hole inline with where the pipe was and pushed it past the level sensor but not all the way to the bottom. Then I put the filter inside the engine bay near the top of suspension and after the pump I have the solenoid under the slam above the radiator fan shroud.

I don't know what kit you have, I bought separates and made the mistake of buying non AEM pipe which was a tiny bit smaller OD, so had to change a bunch of push fit connectors

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
So you have a pipe going into the tank via the cap on the top?
There is a hole in the inner wing i used that then drilled hole in the screen wash container at the top end ( remove the wheel arch liner ) it's a neat install and keeps the pipe work short, i started with a boot mounted set up but did'nt like it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE
The WMI system is in and wired up. But. I’m not getting any fluids from the washer fluid tank…

do you guys have any idea why? The pump can be rotated round so the inlet is lower.
I could also route it through the wheel arch to the pump… rather then going past the cabin air filter

the pump seems to work fine as well as the solenoid..

I’ve put some photos to try and show the system, your help would be greatly appreciated!
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Auto part Personal luxury car

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system Auto part

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Is the pump wired correct polarity and turning the correct way? Pinched pipe? Solenoid not opening?
Try priming the pipe and pump, pull it through to the pump with your syringe

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Is the pump wired correct polarity and turning the correct way? Pinched pipe? Solenoid not opening?
Try priming the pipe and pump, pull it through to the pump with your syringe
Yea the pump is wired the same as the diagrams.
As far as I’m aware nothing is pinched. But I’m currently re routing it through the wheel arch so that wouldn’t be the issue..
Already primed although didn’t think of pulling through the pump just pushing 🤔
Idk if the pump hast to be gravity fed or if it can pull a vacuum to pull the liquid through…
Oh and the solenoid does open as it lets water out when the pump is primed

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Make that the pick up pipe is not at the bottom of the fluid tank it'll block the flow, if you have'nt already it's a good idea to use a small inline filter between the tank and pump it'll stop particles from blocking the nozzle and you can see if liquid is flowing without pulling a pipe off, i'm guessing that the nozzle is blocked since you have flow as far as the solenoid.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does anyone know if the AEM pump hast to be gravity fed or if it is able to pull liquid up?

If it is gravity fed I feel like im going to struggle having it in the engine bay....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts