Audi TT Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,535 Posts
Even if the pump can manage to draw the water up that high above the tank, I think you'll still need a non return valve to stop it draining back to the tank.
I think I would have put the pump close to the tank and lower, possibly even lower than the tank.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
update
So... STUPID me the in line air filter wasn't screwed on tight enough creating an air leak.... and yes it does pull it through.
Even if the pump can manage to draw the water up that high above the tank, I think you'll still need a non return valve to stop it draining back to the tank.
I think I would have put the pump close to the tank and lower, possibly even lower than the tank.
I'm trying to hide it in the car so its more stealth as I quite like the look of the OEM engine with out loads of bits added to it as IT can look messy.

To the peeps that have installed the WMI into the windscreen wash res, have you guys put in a non return valve like David suggests?

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
The inline filter will act as a non return valve if it's horizontal, the pipe between the filter and pump will always have fluid in i know this as i used clear pipe work, the filter i used was large enough to act as a surge tank in the sense that the pump was never dry when it activated.

·
Registered
10,511 Posts
I assume it is working now you sorted out the leak? mine is setup pretty much the same...

Washer tank -> AEM filter -> AEM pump -> AEM solenoid -> AEM injector into NTP threaded boss.

AEM Controller under the Glove Box...

Use the test button without the final pipe into the injector, it will prime the pump then blast out the screenwash..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I assume it is working now you sorted out the leak? mine is setup pretty much the same...

Washer tank -> AEM filter -> AEM pump -> AEM solenoid -> AEM injector into NTP threaded boss.

AEM Controller under the Glove Box...

Use the test button without the final pipe into the injector, it will prime the pump then blast out the screenwash..
Yea all working now! just need to lengthen one of the pipes as its looking a little tight. But I've got it set up as you do, Just need to attach the glove box then the controller and its all good to go!

Thankyou for your help guys! :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Have you T'd the air pipe for a boost gauge? where have you put the injector? and what size injector are you using?
Yea I have a boost gauge. Ive put the injector before the throttle body inbetween 2 L pipes going from the MAP to the throttle body.
and im using a 500cc injector (the one that came installed already in the aem kit)

·
Registered
10,511 Posts
Okay cool.... did you bother with the level sensor wires (i started down that route and didn't trust my brain and auto-electronics ... so rolled the cable merging back - in case it set my dash pod on fire ,:D :D) and fault / screen wash level... signal wire? To cut the boost

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Okay cool.... did you bother with the level sensor wires (i started down that route and didn't trust my brain and auto-electronics ... so rolled the cable merging back - in case it set my dash pod on fire ,:D :D) and fault / screen wash level... signal wire? To cut the boost
Yea, I just spliced into the cables that were already there, have also put in a relay for the boost safe. I've done it so its constantly connected to the n75 but when it triggers it will switch over cutting the power. basically unplugging it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
They are quite expensive if I remember though…
Although I still have it fitting okay especially as it’s in such a tight space
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design Automotive exterior

21 - 31 of 31 Posts