Audi TT Forum banner

Would you consider this instead of a TT MK2?

2K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  steriotypical 
#1 ·
If you were considering buying a TT and this car was available, would it be something that you would consider as an alternative to the TT? It was just announced at the New York Auto Show.

"The 2010 Genesis Coupe is a purpose-built rear-wheel drive sports coupe featuring two performance-focused engines - a 212-horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine and a range-topping all-aluminum 306-horsepower, DOHC 3.8-liter V6 engine. Genesis Coupe is scheduled to join the Hyundai lineup in the spring of 2009."

Link to details and pictures: http://www.autospies.com/news/2008-NEW-YORK-AUTO-SHOW-2009-Hyundai-Genesis-Coupe-Details-27737/

See less See more
#8 ·
The rear wheels are rotating because it's rear-wheel drive and the photo was taken during their launch at the NY Auto Show where they were using stunt drivers doing brunouts, power slides, handbrake turns etc all over the stage. One of the drivers was Angelina Jolie's stunt driver - she may have looked better than the car haha!

Video of the stunt drivers http://www.autoblog.com/2008/03/19/new-york-2008-hyundai-genesis-coupe-live/

#18 ·
Are you serious? Instead of a TT? You're joking right?

Go to bed, take some paracetamol and call out the quack, you are coming down with something serious :lol:

#19 ·
wallsendmag said:
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr no
Hey I was going to say that, so I will

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NO.

I go to U.S at least once a year for work and having driven many many american cars I coudl never buy one.
sure some of them have big burbling V6's / V8's and purr along, but the handling is poor, and the build quality is atrocious,and the interior of their cars is bad with garbage plastics and form so many different suppliers each panel is often a very subtle shade different from the panel next to it, certainly if its a different material.

so definately NO

p.s In America having a european, and especially German ( why) car is highly valued

#25 ·
RK07 said:
chrisabdn said:
Where is your thread Chris about your new TT?
i know, i know ... soz ... i'm a slack mo' fo' ... have been too busy driving it to be fair, almost done 1,000 miles now, in 2 weeks!

i really need to give it a good clean now, and take some photos, and then i'll do a post i promise ... hoping for some clear weather this weekend (but doesn't look likely!)

was disappointed there wasn't more snow this morning, really want to test the quattro!

you fine?

#26 ·
chrisabdn said:
RK07 said:
chrisabdn said:
Where is your thread Chris about your new TT?
i know, i know ... soz ... i'm a slack mo' fo' ... have been too busy driving it to be fair, almost done 1,000 miles now, in 2 weeks!

i really need to give it a good clean now, and take some photos, and then i'll do a post i promise ... hoping for some clear weather this weekend (but doesn't look likely!)

was disappointed there wasn't more snow this morning, really want to test the quattro!

you fine?
All good cheers Chris :)

Work is busy but have cleared alot of my desk this week and allowed myself chance to catch up with the forum.

As long as you are enjoying the car, the post can wait :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.