Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry to sound dumb, ive just bought a 2000 225 quattro and ive started to update the car a little, so i just bought a hid kit thinking that my car is to old to have xenon's, I popped the left cover off and it looks like ive some sort of ballast unit i went on a forum and someone said that if i don't have the headlight adjustment wheel next to the clock dimmer wheel then i don't have xenon's????????? any info would be much appreciated as always thanks kev

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you have "normal" halogens you should have the adjustment wheel next to the cabin lights adjustment.

If you have xenons that will be missing and you will also have the popout headlight washers

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
If you HAVE an adjustment wheel by the light switch then you have standard lamps.

Xenons are self levelling via sensors on the suspension. Xenon's are only on dipped beam. High beams are filament bulbs.
Can easily tell xenon discharge bulbs as they 'flicker' when the arc strikes. Unlike filament standard bulbs which are instant on.

Got it?

Brian

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Tritium said:
If you HAVE an adjustment wheel by the light switch then you have standard lamps.

Xenons are self levelling via sensors on the suspension. Xenon's are only on dipped beam. High beams are filament bulbs.
Can easily tell xenon discharge bulbs as they 'flicker' when the arc strikes. Unlike filament standard bulbs which are instant on.

Got it?

Brian
I have an adjustment wheel by the light switch (which doesn't work), but I'm 100% sure I also have xenon's. It's a 225 '99. And I don't think my self levelling works either.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Bago47 said:
Tritium said:

Got it?

Brian
I have an adjustment wheel by the light switch (which doesn't work), but I'm 100% sure I also have xenon's. It's a 225 '99. And I don't think my self levelling works either.
There is an adjustment wheel for dash brightness :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts