1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi TT'ers

This is a bit of a plea posting !

I have the dreaded Xenon failure on the near-side headlight unit :(

In terms of diagnosis, I've swapped the bulbs and the Ballast units but they both are fully functional.
The local garage I use have performed some electrical tests and cannot see any issues with the supply to the light unit.

I am 99% sure it's the Xenon Ignitor that's at fault.

I'm aware that Audi Dealers will simply recommend a complete Headlight unit at £750 !! I've found
a cheaper unit at http://www.allpartssouthwest.com for a still eyewatering £470.

I believe the Xenon ignitor on the TT is also shared with the BMW E46 xenon headlight ignitor.
Having rung a few breakers yards I'm unfortunately not coming up trumps.

My plea is to anyone who either has a Xenon ignitor (mines a 2003 TT) they are willing to sell or alternatively point me in the direction of a possible supplier of this part (am happy to risk a part from a breakers yard) ?

Fingers crossed you guys can come up trumps as I'm possibly looking at a worst case scenario of reverting the Xenon headlight units back to a standard bulb set-up. (The garage I am using confirm thay can do this for me as they've done a number of BMW's previously).

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

You could be my saviour :)

I'm having no joy at present obtaining this part.

I live in Cardiff (Wales). If you dont mind asking if they would be prepared to ship that far it would be very appreciated.

I'm guessing this is the Part No. for this ignitor 'W797244' ?

Matt

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know the exact Part No. for the Ignitor ? (be it the Audi or BMW part).

I'm ringing breakers yards but a few have asked for the Part No. before they can confirm that have availability of the part.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The same part for a VW Bora 1J0 941 641 (A) or (B) do not know the difference.

Fredrik
TT225 QC Raven Black

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Harm for the link.

I've sent then an enquiry regarding the Ignitor so fingers crossed.

Welcome to the TT forum by the way. :p

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many Thanks for the offer Earni.

Looks like I might have sourced one from one of the guys on the Forum :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.