Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...

Am I right in thinking if my car has the headlight level rotary dial next to the lights switch I definitely don't have xenons?

I only ask because it was advertised as having them and headlight washers when I bought it last month, but I've only just noticed the dial. The lights don't auto adjust when I switch them on, so I'm guessing not. :x

Cheers

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
If they're factory fit it won't have xenons if has the headlight level adjuster.

You can check the washers by pulling the wash level with the headlight and engine on.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
When you initially turn the light on do the slowly get brighter and apear to have a slight blue tint? if so then they may have xenons/aftermarket xenons. Do they have drl's or just a regular sidelight bulb? if the light are slightly yellow/white then they are probably halogen.

·
Registered
356 Posts
newt said:
jono said:
Thanks...thought as much. At least I'll now know to check next time.

Downside is my wife will now want xenons and DRLs fitting :roll:
At £2000 I would not bother, I am not that impressed with the performance over halogen.
:?:

really?

do your xenons work properley :?: because i think they may not if you don't think they're better than halogen, no matter what halogen bulb you may have had fitted.

but at that price for oem, go aftermarket.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
If the car was advertised with xenons then I'd go back to the place you bought it and ask for xenons to be fitted or get your money back.

They've sold you an illegal car if it has a retrofit xenon bulb kit in it and no self-levelling.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
going..going..gone said:
newt said:
jono said:
Thanks...thought as much. At least I'll now know to check next time.

Downside is my wife will now want xenons and DRLs fitting :roll:
At £2000 I would not bother, I am not that impressed with the performance over halogen.
:?:

really?

do your xenons work properley :?: because i think they may not if you don't think they're better than halogen, no matter what halogen bulb you may have had fitted.

but at that price for oem, go aftermarket.
I did not say they were not better I said for £2000 I was not that impressed with the performance. Mine were a factory fit on my Mk 1, my standard halogen seen fine on my mk2. The drl fairy lights I think really cheapen the car now all the Chav's have them.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Surely you can tell if you have halogen or Xenons just driving in the dark!! Difference it like night and day, Xenons are awesome, halogen are meh. :)

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
moro anis said:
powerplay said:
Surely you can tell if you have halogen or Xenons just driving in the dark!! Difference it like night and day, Xenons are awesome, halogen are meh. :)
+1
Ditto
I wouldn't spend 2k to upgrade to Xenons but I wouldn't buy a car without them either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Xexons also do a "dance" when they are turned on. Leveling.
Should be standard on cars like TT's not an extra.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Claude Butler said:
I've been around long enough to remember sealed beam units. Joe Lucas...prince of darkness! 8)
haha company i work for Wipac have just stopped doing 7" & 5+3/4 sealed beams for land rovers etc lol.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Xenons rule. What colour tempt are oem xenons on the TT normally oem are 4300k but mine seem about 5000k or 6000k :roll:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
powerplay said:
Of course I can, read what I said. I just don't think the extra light is worth £2000. Perhaps some folks night vision is a bit poor and they need the extra light :)

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
newt said:
powerplay said:
Of course I can, read what I said. I just don't think the extra light is worth £2000. Perhaps some folks night vision is a bit poor and they need the extra light :)
I did read what you said. However my post was nothing to do with you it was directed at the OP, if I was replying to you I would have quoted you :roll: :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.