Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
shanedavison28 said:
Just wondering how many people around my age (20) have a tt ?

I currently have a clio and im thinking of getting one.

Anyone know any good insurance companies?

Cheers, Shane.
Hi I am 23 but got my TT when I was 21, the insurance wasn't bad at all for my first year of TT ownership, I think it was only about £150 a year more than my polo gti !

Its always best to shop around because insurance company quotes vary on many factors !

Ryan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi thanks for reply.

Yeh insurance really isn't that bad on them. Its £400 a year more for a 225bhp tt than I paid for my Clio dci 100bhp.

Quite worth it I think. I thought I was gonna get silly quotes but I'm quite happy.

Fuel is gonna be a killer I expect coming from a 60mpg car lol. But I need some power!!!

Any other young owners on here? I think I seen a 19 year old?

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Haha, I'm 24. Been in TT owner ship for 2 years now.

Had a polo GTi before funnily enough!

The 20vt's aren't bad for insurance. 3.2's are a touch more obviously.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
flapper mods on the mans TT. The v6 has a flapper valve in the exhaust to keep the noise down. Disconnecting it makes it louder by a touch. Cheap thrills for abit, but nothing comes close to a milltek!

Wax box is a modded airbox, first started i think by member WAK on here. It's basically a drilled airbox for more induction noise.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hey I'm 21 and own a 3.2 v6 manual Quattro. Had plenty of other cars and this is by far the best I pay £1000 insurance with 2 years NCB and a recorded accident n that's with admiral. Definitely a good choice for a young driver.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You should be fine with the insurance. I got my qs when I was 20 and paid 1400 for the insurance. well worth it in my opinion!

·
Registered
250 Posts
You could always pick up a 150hp or 163hp and with a simple remap can achieve 200hp+ (stage1 so all stock items no exra mods required).

The 150 should be the cheaper to insure and with the remap can achieve some pretty good power?

:)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I was 19 when i got mine. I turned 20 last month.
Im paying £1280 fully comp for a remapped 225bhp TT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I was 18 when I got my first TT 150bhp
Just turned 21 but got my 225bhp at 20

1 - 20 of 60 Posts